The DC-UPS of the AC C-TECxxxx series is equipped with an integrated power supply and ultracapacitors for accumulating energy. During normal operation this capacitor is charged by an internal charger which is supplied by the internal, regulated DC power supply. If the AC supply is interrupted, energy of the ultracapacitors is released in a regulated process (12 /24V DC ±2%). The load is supplied by the buffer module until the capacitors are discharged. The buffering time depends on the state of charge of the capacitor and discharging current.
The DC-UPS shows the following features:
- Maintenance-free due to durable ultra-capacitors
- reduces wiring time due to integrated energy storage and power supply
- Microcontroller based charging and discharging of the ultracapacitors
- Input voltage-signal via potential-free contact and LED
- Short overload possible
- Vibration secured wiring via spring loaded plugs
- Wide working temperature range -40°C till 60°C
The battery buffered DC power supply of the series AKKUTEC is working according the stand-by parallel mode and ensures in connection with a lead-acid accumulator a safe continuous DC power supply in case of mains failure. The back-up time is depending from the state of charge of the accumulator and of the discharge current.
The power supply has the following features:
- Battery charger with I/U-charging characteristics
- Battery management by micro-controller
- Battery voltage tracking of the charging voltage by external sensor module (optional)